Shipping Integration Based on Distance
Shipping by distance leverages the Google or Bing Maps APIs to figure out the distance from your store to the shipping address. In the WSM you can set up how much you want to charge for X kilometers/miles.
The articles below describe how to get a Google (section 1) or Bing (section 3) API key, how to use the integration with shipping rules, and how to set your store to use miles or kilometers. The second set of article cover how to set the shipping integration for your specific POS or ERP system.
In the case of Bing, you can also specify shipping rules to restrict shipping methods based on geographic polygons, which are defined using sets of coordinates.
- 100 Google Integration Index Page (this page)
- 101 Obtain a Google Key
- 102 Shipping Rules based on distance
- 103 Limitations
- 104 Units of Distance
- 200 Set up by POS type
- 201 Set up for RMS
- 202 Set up for POS2009, CRE, TGS, REPRO, RMH
- 203 Adding a Distance Based Shipping Method to a Country
- 300 Bing Integration Index Page
- 301 Obtain a Bing Key
- 302 Shipping Rules, Limitations, Settings
- 303 Setting Polygon for shipping rules