Changes to templates not showing up

Hi

I have changed some header template code and when I save the header and make it live it appears to take. When I go to the main page of our site on that computer everything looks fine. Hours later on another computer I noticed the site had not changed yet. I went into the template editor and sure enough the changes were back to the way they were before I made the changes, I thought. When I went back to the original computer, the header changes were shown, so effectively I have two computers that can edit the same header template that show different code? How the heck is that happening?

Bob

Hi Bob,

This should not be happening in normal circumstances. Firstly I’m assuming when you make changes to the Header Template you are remembering to click the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom.

Secondly, regarding the second computer showing the old version of the site, this could be explained by browser caching issues, in that it was showing the old version because that’s what it recently had to hand in cache memory. To test this in future either reboot your browser (clear all cache and cookies) or try on another browser.

The second computer showing the ‘old’ template code however, is less likely due to caching problems and more likely due to it not being saved correctly originally. The troubleshooting steps above still apply for this case.

Regards,
Conor.

Hi Bob,

You may have already seen this, but just in case you haven’t:

HTH,
Kind regards,

Donogh