Stock levels for products

Hi,

Currently on our category pages we have an image of a green cart next to each product. I was wondering if it is possible for when an item is out of stock that instead of showing the green cart image, a red cart image could be displayed instead and maybe even an orange cart image when stock is getting low. We feel this feature might be beneficial to our customers as they wouldn’t have to click into each product to check whether it is in stock or not. I have attached an image of our current set up with the green cart image.

Regards,
David

@jan_sandorski, @sebastian_lewandowsk: could one of you assist David with this, please?

Hi David,

I am investigating this feature on my demostore. I will get back to you asap with the solution.

Regards,
Sebastian

HI David,

I think I added this feature properly to my demostore: http://sebastian4.demostore.nitrosell.com/
Could you please take a look if this is working properly for you? Also please noticed that this red basket is only for tests now, it will be changed for a better one.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

That looks great but there seems to be be a problem with the basket showing as red for some of our costumes even though they are not out of stock. For example this one http://sebastian4.demostore.nitrosell.com/halloween-scream-costume/21818-sm/ is showing as a red basket but it is in-stock. Also as we have costumes in different sizes, would it cause a problem if one of the sizes was sold out but we had stock of another size. By that I mean, if a small costume was sold out but the medium size was in-stock, what colour basket would show.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

This is actually quite tricky because you’re trying to distill information about multiple items in one matrix into a single icon on the listing page. What Sebastian has delivered will check whether the first item in the matrix is in stock. To have it check ALL the items in the matrix would require more effort.

@sebastian_lewandowsk: the following mapping to classsubdescription1 should yield the desired result:

ISNULL( (select sum(quantity-quantitycommitted) from item inner join itemclasscomponent on itemclasscomponent.itemid = item.id AND itemclassid = itemclass.id where webitem = 1) ,0)

Then it’s a matter of updating your code to look at that field instead.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

I don’t think we will go any further with this as there would be a lot of work involved.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Please review the changes which I made into your webstore. Please let me know if they are fine for you.

Regards,
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

Everything looks great.

Thanks,
David