I have a group of items that are in a matrix, but I have no control over the color variant that is displayed after selecting the appropriate sub-category. How can I cause a particular variant to display when navigating the store in this way?
You can apply a field mapping that causes a selected item to be displayed before other items in a matrix drop-down list.
To do so, perform the following steps:
- In PAM, under Attributes, select Add New Attribute.
- For Attribute Name, enter RepresentsMatrixItem. For Attribute Type, select Checkbox (true/false).
- Select OK.
- In NSc Sync Configuration, under Advanced, select Field Mappings.
- Right-click the ItemType table. From the context menu, select Add Field, then Standard RMS Field. The table definition dialog is displayed.
- For Remote Field Name, enter itemclass_primaryproductid. For Field Source, enter:
- Click OK twice to remove each dialog box, then re-synchronize your WebStore. Now, any item with the PAM attribute RepresentsMatrixItem set to True will be displayed as the default item for the given matrix.
ISNULL((select TOP 1 Item.ID from item inner join nitroasl_pamtable ON item.id=nitroasl_pamtable.itemid inner join itemclasscomponent on itemclasscomponent.itemid =item.id AND itemclassid=itemclass.id where webitem=1 AND inactive=0 AND ((item.quantity-item.quantitycommitted > 0) AND RepresentsMatrixItem=1)),ISNULL((select TOP 1 Item.ID from item inner join nitroasl_pamtable ON item.id=nitroasl_pamtable.itemid inner join itemclasscomponent on itemclasscomponent.itemid =item.id AND itemclassid=itemclass.id where webitem=1 AND inactive=0 AND (item.quantity-item.quantitycommitted > 0) ),0))
An issue arose whereby if the primary matrix item was out of stock, the matrix item would not turn up in search results. An checkbox was added to WSM under search results allowing matrix items to always be displayed in search results even if out of stock.