2 Part Webinar Series
Part 1: What is sales tax nexus?
Part 2: How to build a nexus plan for your business
Nexus is a crucial piece of the sales tax puzzle for any business, as it determines if, when, and where you’re required to collect and remit sales tax. Simply making a certain amount of sales in a state, hiring a remote employee, or attending an event can be enough to trigger nexus. If you’re not keeping track of your activities, you may be hit with fines and other penalties.
To help you better understand nexus laws and what’s required of you, Avalara’s created a two-part webinar series, hosted by State and Local Tax expert Judy Vorndran of TaxOps.
Join on Thursday, March 12 for an introduction to nexus in Part 1: What is sales tax nexus? You’ll learn:
- The four nexus types: physical presence, economic, affiliate, and click-through
- The common activities that trigger each type of nexus
- A look at the different nexus thresholds by state
Tie everything together with an action plan for your business on Thursday, March 19, in Part 2: How to build a nexus plan for your business:
- How to create a nexus checklist
- What activities your business must track so you’ll know when a nexus threshold is crossed
- Steps you must take as soon as nexus is triggered to remain compliant
This is must-know information for any business, whether you have just a physical storefront and/or sell online, so save your seat today!
- Part 1: Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 11 a.m. Pacific
- Part 2: Thursday, March 19, 2020, at 11 a.m. Pacific
Duration: 45 minutes + Q&A