Multiple Emails being sent to Customer on Amazon orders

Sorry Franclin but we still have the problem. I just looked at the mailer table and they are piling up again.

bob

Thought they had stopped for a little bit, but I think they just hadnā€™t processed any of the Amazon orders. I noticed again there are multiple emails being sent and I still have to truncate in order to stop them.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Some good news here. We have now fixed the problem and you are more than welcome to enable that option in your WebStore Manager.

In any case, only one email should be dispatched from now on.

Please let us know your thoughts.
Franclin

Thanks guys but Iā€™m not sure what option to enable in my webstore manager. what does this option do?

bob

Hi Bob,

Sorry for the delay, Franclin is off today.

These are the options to which heā€™s referring:

The one being considered here is the Order fulfillment at POS.

However, itā€™s possible you are using ShipWorks to handle the tracking numbers, so perhaps itā€™s advisable to leave it disabled for now.

By the way, Iā€™m not sure if Franclin has been in touch yet regarding ShipWorks: he is currently leading an integration project and we hope to have a beta version available by January, which should make your life that little bit easier.

Kind regards,
Donogh

HI Donogh

Thanks for the info. Basically everything is working so Iā€™m not going to enable anything. Yes, we do use Shipworks, in fact I ended up writing some SQL code to get our Nitrosell orders from RMS into Shipworks, The only problem with my approach is that the item needs to be processed at POS before it shows up in Shipworks, but itā€™s getting us through the holiday. Is Franclinā€™s approach to allow Shipworks to pull the order directly from Nitrosell like the other Shipwork feeds? Obviously this is the preferred approach and if you need anyone to help beta test it, let me know. We use Shipworks to handle our Nitrosell, Ebay and Amazon channels, to upload the tracking numbers, send out email to the customer with the tracking numbers and print our packing lists and shipping labels. Our shipping person is a very happy camper right now. :slight_smile:

Anyways, thanks to you and Franclin for your great support with these issues. We always appreciate how attentive your staff is and for all your help.

Bob

Youā€™re welcome Bob! I understand. That is very convenient.

Regarding our plan for ShipWorks, yes, we will have it set up so it retrieves orders directly from the webstore. My understanding is there will be a couple of limitations:

1. You will need to process the orders at the POS first to ensure the stock levels are handled correctly and to have the transactions in RMS for reporting purposes;

2. ShipWorks does nothing on the payments side, so transactions that require delayed settlement will certainly have to be processed at the POS.

Essentially, it sound like itā€™s what youā€™re doing already, maybe with a little more automation/convenience.

Always a pleasure to work with such pleasant customers Bob! Glad our service is going well for you.

Kind regards,
Donogh

Hi Bob,

Yes indeed, we are working on an integration which will allow our retailers to seamlessly use ShipWorks with their online store. It will leverage the Generic Module provided by ShipWorks to connect to your store and automatically download your orders (these include your Amazon orders) from your online store and make them available in ShipWorks.

The beauty about this integration is that you will no longer need to configure multiple stores and subsequently purchase several licenses to run them. Since, we will be handling your Amazon order, this effectively means that you will only have to configure one central ā€˜storeā€™ that deals with all your orders. That central store will also at some point handle your eBay orders.

We will definitely write a much more comprehensive forum post about this exciting feature in due course so please keep an eye on this space.

Regards,
Franclin

1 Like