MSRP field not available in Amazon mappings?

Hi guys

Unless I missed it, I couldn’t find the RMS MSRP field as an available field to map into Amazon’s MSRP field. Is it something that is going to be added or can I just field map it the RMS field to a marketplace field in sync configuration to map into Amazon’s MSRP field?

Bob

In looking at this further and some of our item data in the amazon stream, is Price = MSRP (In RMS) and Web price = Price (in RMS)?

Bob

Hey Bob,

Happy Sunday! These are your current price field mappings:

<MAPPING TARGET="product_priceweb" MODIFIED="20120822">CASE WHEN 
   (SaleType=1 AND GETDATE() BETWEEN ISNULL(SaleStartDate,GETDATE()) AND          
     ISNULL(SaleEndDate,GETDATE()) AND SalePrice &gt; 0)
   THEN 
     SalePrice 
   ELSE 
     CASE WHEN 
       PRICEC &gt; 0
     THEN
       PRICEC
     ELSE
       PRICE
     END 
   END</MAPPING>
  <MAPPING TARGET="product_price" MODIFIED="20120210">CASE WHEN MSRP &gt;0 THEN MSRP ELSE Price END</MAPPING>
  <MAPPING TARGET="product_pricea">pricea</MAPPING>
  <MAPPING TARGET="product_priceb">priceb</MAPPING>
  <MAPPING TARGET="product_pricec">pricec</MAPPING>

So price web is either sale price if there’s a sale, OR price C if it’s set, or price (RMS).

Price is MSRP if it’s set, otherwise, RMS price.

Therefore, if you want to use MSRP, you should set your price mapping to product_price:

http://chicagolandtoysandhobbies.com/store/administration/config_amazon.nsc?action=displaymappings&filterterm=Price/StandardPrice

Looks like it’s currently set to Price A.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Donogh

To clarify, product_price is just Price in the Amazon mapping dropdown:

HI Donogh

Thanks, I got that. We use Price C for nitrosell web pricing and we use Price A for Amazon pricing. We are going to stay with Price A for Amazon but all I want to do is fill in the MSRP field of pricing that Amazon has. It is just one of the trillion fields Amazon says helps get you the buy box. So I am going to map Product_Price to the MSRP field in Amazon. I don’t think amazon every displays this field or not, but I am starting to provide more product info where I can.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Sounds good! Definitely makes sense to provide as much info as possible. The buy box can be a little bit mysterious but it seems to be largely down to a combination of lowest price, best product info, and order satisfaction stats / reputation.

Regards,
Donogh