Merging of guest and account cart issues

I’m not sure if this is common among other clients but we’re getting quite a bit of noise recently with customers complaining about products being added to their cart from previous browsing sessions.

Is there enough demand to create some sort of event handling for the way this works currently?

I’m thinking either a hard coded cart cookie expiry time or perhaps even a popup summary (upon logging) that provides customers with the option to merge or delete these existing items.

thanks
Andy.

Hi Andy,

I raised this with the development team. We suspect that PayPal might be causing this since it’s an external payment gateway. We will need to add some extra logging to find out what exactly is causing this.
Would you be able to send me an example customer details in a private message so I could review them also?

Thank you,

Peter

Thanks Peter. I have sent you a message with a little more context.

Hi @andy

Please be aware that we released this feature on our alpha branch. There is a new option in the WebStore Manager that you will need to enable (Display a summary of the existing basket upon logging in).

Having logged to the store, a summary of the current basket (if there’s any item) will be displayed in a modal window and the shopper will also be given a link to go and edit her basket.

If you could give it a go and give us your feedback, that will be fantastic.

Regards,
Franclin

Thanks Franclin.

I wasn’t able to get the modal to fire when testing.

Is there a specific template which has been modified? I’m guessing my templates won’t have the updated code for this to trigger correctly.

thanks.