Is it possible to change the description field on the printed picking list?

Hi,

I would like to know if it’s possible to change the printed pick list to display the extended description rather than the standard and much shorter description? Although product codes are also shown, we believe picking accuracy could be improved if our pickers had access to the more detailed descriptions in the extended description field.

Thanks in advance.
Andy.

Hi Andy,

It isn’t supported right now but it wouldn’t be a big deal to add as a minor customization.

@jbw: would you mind providing a time estimate for adding extended description to the picklist instead of product name, please? I can then PM Andy a quote.

Thanks,
Regards,

Donogh

It’ll take around 2 hours to add this

Thanks @jbw! Have PM’d you a quote, Andy.

Let us know if you’d like to proceed.

Regards,
Donogh

Thanks Donogh. I’ll get back to you shortly.

Donogh,

Where do I go to print a pick list?

Thanks,
Zac

Hi Zac,

Picklist printing is currently only supported on the RMS editions I’m afraid.

I guess the ShipWorks integration should cover it pretty well, though.

Regards,
Donogh

Donogh,

You can not print a pick list with shipworks because you have to individually transact each order first. Anyway to get a picklist on Pos2009 GWO?

Only after you transact an order it becomes available in Shipworks. I do t want to transact bulk orders if I’m not sure we have the items or the order is suspicious. I guess the other option would be if there is anyway to have shipworks download all orders before transacting.

Thanks

Hi Zac,

I’m afraid we have very few users on POS 2009 because it never really sold well for Microsoft. For us to pursue a picklist for GWO, we would need to quote you. Please let me know if you’d like to proceed.

Kind regards,
Donogh

Yes, please let me know what that would cost.

Donogh,

Please quote me on the GWO 2009 picklist but if it’s possible to have shipworks download all orders without having to transact first I would rather that.

Thanks,
Zac

Hi Zac,

I believe @franclin_foping is going to be looking at ShipWorks in that regard when he returns from vacation. I would say that the payment piece is a challenge; ShipWorks doesn’t have any functionality around handling adjustments to order totals. The other side of it is Sync and GWO automatically increment committed quantities for items in unfilled web orders; that would need to be handled differently if we were to go with ShipWorks exclusively. Anyway, let’s see how Franclin’s investigation goes.

@jbw: would you mind giving an estimate for picklist printing for GWO POS 2009, please?

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Zac

Just a quick question regarding the printing of picklists. Are you looking to print a picklist to a thermal receipt printer or to an A4/Letter printer?

Let me know please!

Regards
Jerry

Jerry,

Letter would be best.

Thanks,
Zac

Jerry,

Any updates. Its important for us to have this feature before Feb.

Thanks,
Zac

@jbw: did you get a chance to look at this, please, Jer?

Sorry … slipped thru the cracks - I estimate around 3-4 hours to do this !

Have PM’d you a quote @blazin4008. Thanks @jbw!

@jbw how much does that come out to? Thanks

Hi @jbw,

Zac has confirmed he’d like to proceed. If at all possible, if you could get it released by Feb that would be super helpful. If not, you might let Zac know a timescale that is feasible, please.

Thanks,
Donogh