Import / export in PAM

Hi, is it possible to import / export data into / out of PAM?
thanks
Ang

Hi Angela,

We do now support CSV import to PAM. It’s in the latest version here: WebSell Support - Download Area

When you select a spreadsheet, you need to map between its columns and PAM fields. Note that it does not support RMS field updates and the spreadsheet must have a SKU column, with values corresponding to the ItemLookupCode values in RMS.

Please also note that it does not create items – that should always be done through RMS; it only updates existing ones.

For export, you can use RMS Store Ops Administrator. This query will return all item rows joined with PAM data:

select * from item inner join nitroasl_pamtable on itemid = item.id

File > Export will enable you to export it to CSV, which can be opened in Excel.

Should you need any assistance, please open a support ticket.

Regards,
Donogh

Great! Thank you this is very useful.
Ang

Thanks for this. It is very helpful for me as well. If i wanted to filter the query, say by supplier = X, how could i do that?
thanks
Will

Hi Will,

The challenge with that query is that RMS has a one-to-many relationship between item and supplier— an item can have multiple suppliers.

Therefore if you were to join on the supplier table you could end up with multiple rows per item. This obviously wouldn’t import cleanly back into PAM because it’s expecting one row per item.

Because of the one-to-many relationship the query would have to go the other way around— find all items relating to this supplier.

If you want to go down this route, you might open a ticket for us to address it fully please.

Regards,
Donogh

P.S. This one-to-many relationship is also why PAM does not display a supplier column.