Filtering Search Results

Hello again,

Are search filters supposed to be visible on the “Search Results” page?

I have gone into the ‘Web Panel > Design & Content > Filtered Search > Search Pages’ menu and enabled ‘Department, Category & Subcategory’ filters on the ‘Search Pages’. But the filters are not visible for some reason?

I have ensured that this line of code (that usually outputs the filters) is still there (in the Header template)…

{if ((pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'category') || (pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'department') || (pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'filtered'))}
  <div id="PFS">
  <div id="internal-subnav"></div>
    {include:panelPersistentFilteredSearch}
  </div>
{endIf}

Obviously, the code above will not do anything on the ‘search’ page… But this is how the code was when the devs provided us with our template. Is adding the ‘pageproperty[‘search’]’ the right way to enable filters on the search results page?

Oddly enough, after modifying the ‘Filtered Search’ settings, I don’t have filters visible anywhere on our site. I activated additional filters, so not sure what I did wrong here lol. Any advice/guidance?

Hi Derek,

The filters should be visible, and they do show on a default settings/template store…

{include:panelPersistentFilteredSearch} is the correct panel

I’m seeing the panel in the raw page source, but the DOM doesn’t show it, so some JS must be removing the panel.

Regards,
Brendan

Yeah, this was really strange. I have some scripts that could’ve been at fault. I will be assessing them soon.

In regards to the question “Are the filters supposed to be visible on the “Search Results” page?”, the above is what is coded in the template (originally). Notice the #PFS div is only included if the pageid is “category”, “department” or “filtered”. I’m asking if the filters will work if I change the if statement to…

{if ((pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'category') || (pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'department') || (pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'filtered') || (pageproperty['pageid'] eq 'search'))}

Thus, including the filters on the “search” page… I am just asking if I do include it on the “search” page, will they work as expected? Are the filters meant to be used on the “search” page?

Thanks for the quick response! Always appreciated!

@brendan - Hi Brendan. Sorry to keep addressing you directly, but you always seem to help me out… I realized this morning that the following line of code does not work on the “filtered” search page:

{ns:includeDropdownItemsPerPage}

It outputs nothing. Is this the wrong include for the beta branch? Or does the “per page” select not work on the ‘pageid[‘filtered’]’ page?

Any insight is appreciated!

EDIT: Here is a link to our site

Hi Derek,

There was a change in the name to ‘filtered search’ pages. Originally they were called ‘search’ and now they are called ‘filtered’. We forgot to update this tag but it will be available very soon.

Best regards,
Belen

Hi @belen_ibanez - So I am a bit confused as to the proper configuration here. A situation has arisen in which the “sorting” feature works fine on “category”, “department”(hopefully), and “filtered”. However, when I activated the filters panel on the “search” page, the sorting malfunctions. So, does this mean that our users cannot search for something (using the search box), then filter through their results (and sort if desired)? In other words, is there no way to sort on ‘search’ pages?

Or, am I misunderstanding completely, and the ‘search’ page is being dissolved, and ‘filtered’ taking its place?