Errors uploading products to Amazon

Hi,

We seem to be having problems uploading our products to Amazon. We are getting errors regarding the SKU. I have attached a screenshot of the error we are getting.

Thanks,
David

E

Hi David,

This is a side effect of us ‘forcing’ the inventory feed. Essentially, for new products, we are pushing up the inventory, i.e., quantities, before Amazon has had a chance to process the product information and add your new SKUs.

The good news is that there is no downside to this approach: we simply attempt to upload the inventory again the next time around and the quantities upload correctly after the products have been processed.

Regards,
Donogh

David

many reasons could stop an item being uploaded to Amazon resulting in the screen shot that you have included. To see the reason behind the SKU not being uploaded to Amazon you need to look at the Product tab just to the left of the Inventory tab you have taken a screen shot.

Where the Product feed is marked as COMPLETE and Inventory as ERRORS then the issue lies in the timeline. You will probably find that the Inventory feed Submission Date postdates the Product feed submission date. The easiest fix is to hit the button marked 'Reset Elsa Frozen Costume in Inventory Feed (you can see this button in your screen shot and it exists for each tab/feed). Alternatively you can go to Amazon/Tools and reset all the inventory feeds.

Hi,

We reset the feeds but are still receiving errors as you can see in the attached image. Also there are a lot of errors with prices. From looking at the errors it seems that there are too many digits after the decimal place and Amazon only wants two digits, how do we fix this?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Re the pricing feed errors, I notice you’re converting at an exchange rate. I’ve remotely updated the field mapping to set it to round to two decimal places after the conversion. It will take effect on next sync.

For the other errors, they are largely a consequence of your 979 product feed errors. Looking at those errors on a per item basis, most of them are like this:

Error	8560	 SKU H07002 bl, Missing Attributes product_type. SKU H07002 bl does not match any ASIN. Creation of a new ASIN requires the following missing attributes: product_type. Feed ID: 0. For details, see http://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/errorcode/200692370

When adding new items, Amazon requires the product type field. This item (H07002 bl) is in the Hats > Costume Hats dept/cat. Looking at the mappings page, you haven’t mapped anything for this category, so the webstore doesn’t know what value to send to Amazon. You can set it here:

When you have selected an entry from the ProductData dropdown, you will need to set the product type under that. Let us know if you need a hand.

There are further errors resulting from absent required data. For example:

Error	8058	The following attributes are missing for SKU: [00164]: [ [manufacturer],].For more details, see http://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/errorcode/8058

For that item (00164), you need to populate the manufacturer field. It looks like you don’t currently have a mapping set for that:

Do you have this data somewhere in RMS or PAM? Depending on how you source your items, one alternative would be to set the store name (PartyWorld) as the manufacturer. If you’d like to do that, simply enter PartyWorld into the override section for the Manufacturer mapping at store level.

Another unique error we’re seeing is this:

Error	5000	XML Parsing Error at Line 6366, Column 25: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'Brand'. One of '{Title}' is expected.

In that case, your store level Title mapping doesn’t appear to be set:

I’ve set it to Product Name for ‘child’ items and Matrix Description for ‘parent’ items.

That seems to cover most of the issues. Once you have resolved these errors and successfully uploaded the products, you should see the errors with other feeds dropping dramatically.

If you need assistance with any specific item, or product feed error message, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

In your example for the costume hats, I’m not sure what I should be entering for the product type. Also for the manufacturing errors, when you say the mapping at store level, do you mean create a new firld in PAM for manufacturing.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I’ve gone ahead and set the type to Clothing and the ClothingType to ‘Hat’:

For Manufacturer, do you have this data available? It may be easier to set the Manufacturer as ‘PartyWorld’ store-wide.

Otherwise, yes, we should add a new field in PAM called Manufacturer and you can populate the data there. If you’re going that route, let me know the exact name of the field and we’ll make sure it gets mapped to Amazon’s Manufacturer field.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

I have created a new field in PAM called Manufacturer, could you please map this for us.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Certainly! That’s done now. I’ve mapped it to Marketplace Text 1. On next sync, it will upload the PAM Manufacturer data into that field and will feed it to Amazon.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh,

The errors are starting to decrease and hopefully by entering the manufacturing name, it will decrease further. One thing that doesn’t seem to be changing is the number of pending products. It seems to have stayed the same for the last week or two, its just above 2800. Anyway we can get this to decrease as well.

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

Sounds good!

Those in pending are items that have AMZFeed set to false in PAM. As soon as you set them to true, the store will attempt to feed them to Amazon. Here’s an example, showing custom number 1 – which is what AMZFeed maps to – set to 0:

Regards,
Donogh