EasyPost over ShipWorks

Hey Yitzi,

Let me get this on the dev team’s queue to scope it.

Can you clarify which parts of the service you need? Is it just label printing?

Regards,
Donogh

I’m not familiar with easy post but I would imagine all the standard stuff. Printing labels, putting tracking number back into rms and amazon etc. I’m sure everyone will have their particular needs but it would be the same basics for all of us.

In recent weeks I sat through a demo of ShipStation (https://www.shipstation.com) which was quite impressive and appears to be very cheap, especially for moderate to high volume users.

Has anyone else had any experience using this fulfillment platform?

P.S. Their latest version (work in progress) will offer product barcode scanning which is a small gap in the current Nitrosell offering.

cheers.
Andy.

I’m still onboard to get Easy Post integrated with NitroSell for CRE. I can’t imagine that most of NitroSell stores are creating labels manually via UPS, FedEx or USPS. There has go to be a good reason why only ShipWorks is the only integrated solution at the moment. The problem is that ShipWorks is way too expensive especially for us small to medium stores.

I just had a meeting with my USPS rep and she told me that USPS is currently running a promotion for free Easy Ship account, no monthly fees at all! There has to be a way to have these label and shipping services integrated as a “General Module” just like ShipWorks is.

Milan

Also on board for the same reasons. Shipworks is really costly.

Sorry for the confusion everyone, ShippingEasy is the label and shipping software service that USPS is offering free of charge. It works with all major shipping carriers just like all the other shipping software. If anyone knows how to get them to integrate to CRE based NitroSell stores then this would be a game changer! Can’t beat FREE!

Milan

Hi All,

I’m currently scoping the EasyPost integration and have a few followup questions.

How do each of you currently print labels? Do you have a dedicated label printer? If so, which model and what size of label are you using?

Any more information you can provide will help scoping this correctly.

Regards,
Brendan

Hi, Brendan. I use a Brother HL-L2340DW. The labels are 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 2 per sheet. So the label prints on half the page.

Thanks for looking into it! If you want a look at how I use Easy Post on another of my websites, let me know.

Dan

My customers use a dedicated label printer usually the Zebra Desktop or compaitable printer. Labels size are 4x5 and 4x6 lables.

Hi Brendan,

is there anything else you need to finish scoping this out? I got a few customers that have showed intrest in this.

Thanks
Isaac

Hi Isaac,

I think I’m just about finished - its a big service, so I’ve broken it down into required and optional portions.

I’ve put the basic integration (getting rates, providing labels in a printable format, and an interface to access them) at 6 days of development time. Optional addition of address verification (Both US only and international) would come in at 1/2 day each.

I’ve assumed only providing for the services of the big three shippers (UPS, Fedex, USPS). They do support others, and if you need them, just let me know.

Regards,
Brendan

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for taking the time in scoping this out. Are you able to provide some sort of work flow on this project? i.e. how will this eventually integrate with the Website, POS and the shipping software?

Also, one quick observation, I know that many retailers use for internation shipping, DHL (only for internation shipping) so that might be somthing to consider.

@danielcdegnan @pveuromarket @jasonc @damien.goehrig @info1 @andy are any of you in on sharing the cost of this project? or do you know of any additinal retailers that would benefit from this that would want to share in this?

I would love to get this project moving along but I can not expense it all on one customer. I might be able to get a few more customers but for now have only confirmation from one.

Thanks
Isaac

Hi Isaac,

The shipping methods for Easypost would be set up in the same manner you currently set up existing shipping integrations. When the customer reaches checkout we’ll do an Easypost call to get the current rates. Once the order is placed it will follow the normal weborder processing route. To print the order label(s) you’ll need to open the Order Management interface in the WSM, which will have a label printing button. This will spawn a page with the label ready for printing.

Regards,
Brendan

I am still following this potentially interested in this development however I have my staff process orders through GWO and don’t let them log into the WSM is there a chance this development can use another way to print the label for the order then logging into the back end of WSM? I currently use Ship Rush and it works great however we only pay for the UPS license with ShipRush so we can only ship UPS today I would like to offer my customers the chance to choose how they want it shipped UPS, USPS with a quote as well so we are not losing money on the transaction. That leads me to the question of rates, if we have negotiated rates will easy ship quote these rates or will they quote standard rates? There are alot of questions around shipping and how exactly this DEV would work. I am interested just need more information on work flow, and functionality.

I discussed this with Isaac earlier. Apparently it’s enough for us to send the order details to EasyPost, and they provide a web interface for handling the label from there. That would bypass the WSM entirely, and the info would go directly from GWO to EasyPost. Would that work?

I agree that we should not have to log into WSM. I did suggest offline the following.

• order gets placed on website
  • order gets downloaded to POS through GWO
  • order gets processed in POS.
  • GWO send the infomration to EasyPost portal where the retailer can now prepare the shipping label.

I think this should work fine. Let me know your thougts.
Thanks
Isaac

Hi Donogh,

I reached out to EasyPost and it looks like I was incorrect with my last comment. Here is the information I received from EasyPost. At this point, I am not sure how to proceed.

Hi Isaac,

To offer a bit more context, EasyPost is a RESTful API for shipping. You can rate shipments, create labels, track packages, verify addresses, and more. If you have Software Engineers, you can check out our documentation here. If you are not interested in integrating with an API, we might recommend one of our shipping partners with interfaces/dashboards, like ShipRush or VIP Parcel.

I’ve included some helpful links to get started with EasyPost. I recommend taking a look at our Getting Started guide, as it will guide you through creating your first shipment and show you EasyPost’s workflow.

Create a Free EasyPost Account: Sign up for EasyPost - EasyPost

USPS Rate Chart: USPS Rate Chart - EasyPost

Getting Started with EasyPost: Get Started Shipping With the EasyPost API - EasyPost

Full API Reference: API Docs - EasyPost

Link to Client Libraries: EasyPost · GitHub

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

I am interested if we can get enough to split the cost.

I do not want to log in to WSM as well. Where ever we print the label from, a packing slip option in the same area would be needed.

Hi All,

We’ve only got two expressing interest post providing the qoute, providing we can get GWO to print the labels (we can, but it adds 5days to the quote for work on GWO and removes 1.5 days from WSM side))

Can Isaac, and Daniel confirm they still want this and I’ll message you the divided quotes.

Regards,
Brendan

I am still interested.

Will it have the ability to generate return labels as well?