Amazon sold another item we don't have...but you better look at the feed

Hi Guys

Sold an item on Amazon we haven’t had in for 2 months. Here is the problem. 0 in RMS QTY (see item properties and movement history in graphic). Haven’t had one in stock for months.

9 on Amazon! Yes, Amazon showed we had 9. So I looked at our feed and the same part number and low and behold, your feed has a QTY of 9. Where the heck did it get that from? (see second graphic)

We are having to cancel way too many amazon orders and the % is at the fringe edge of their maximum.

Bob

P.S. I had to manually set the qty to 0 on Amazon

Hi Bob,

In this case the feed is perfect; the problem is what’s been sync’d to the webstore database from the POS.

My guess is it has something to do with your dropship fields. Looking at your product_stock mapping:

<MAPPING TARGET="product_stock" MODIFIED="20140324">CASE WHEN
  DropshipWebStock =1
THEN
ELSE
  CASE WHEN
    DropshipEmery = 1
  THEN
  ELSE
    CASE WHEN
      DropshipHorizon = 1
    THEN
    ELSE
      quantity-quantitycommitted
    END
  END
END</MAPPING>

If any of those dropship attributes is true, its stock gets set to 10. If that happened in this case and you sold one, you’d end up with 9.

Regards,
Donogh

Hi Guys

We had something similar this morning. A costume was sold on Amazon but we had none in stock, we were able get one from our retail store. If you notice not all orders are cleared by amazon straight away. Ie we have 2 orders pending

1st order which is still pending
12 Dec 2014
18:34:09 GMT 202-7586701-0815563
Ladies Santas Little Helper Elf Woman Costume Medium UK 10-12 for Christmas Pant…
QTY: 1
ASIN: B009GJYVBK SKU: 8899 M
Sales channel: Amazon.co.uk

and the second order was the 15th this was the costume that we had none in stock,
So I think the orders that are pending may not be taken the stock of our POS and then when approved by Amazon we are out of stock.

Hope this Helps
Thanks
David

Hi David,

Pending orders are inaccessible to us. We can only download unshipped orders with their API.

I would advise contacting them. Usually if an order is stuck in Pending it probably means the payment failed and Amazon is waiting on the customer to amend the payment details.

Regards,
Donogh

1 Like

Donogh

My bad. Thanks a million for looking into this. I had completely forgotten about those dropship flags and how they would affect our Amazon feed. I’ll have to have a few drinks this holiday and revisit how all this works.

I’ll never questions your feed again. lol

Bob

Hi David

I just wanted to chime in here and say I did a little research on the Amazon Pending problem because we also got bit by it when we sold out of an item while the pending sale sat at Amazon for 4 days.

A pending sale according to Amazon is one where they are verifying payment. It usually takes place within 2 hours (much sooner when things aren’t so busy). However, if the buyer’s address has changed, or the credit card expiration date has run out, Amazon starts emailing their customer about the issue and the order stays in pending. Amazon allows up to 7 days for the problem to be remedied before they cancel the order, but most become actual sales.

Amazon states that you MUST manage your inventory even though you have a long term pending order. It is still considered a sale to their customer and you must reserve the inventory for that sale until the pending order is remedied.

Since there are no emails about pending orders to the merchant and Nitrosell can’t have access to them, the only thing I can suggest is watching your pending order bucket in your Amazon portal every day and see what is in there.

Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents on this one.

Bob

2 Likes

Thanks a mill Bob

Didn’t relies that they were actual orders will be monitoring from now on .

Happy Christmas
David