Amazon says it doesn't want our Nitrosell automatic Emails to continue

Just received this notification from Amazon
"Hello,

We are writing because you may have violated our policies by sending order or shipment confirmations to Amazon buyers.

Amazon notifies buyers by e-mail when an order is placed or shipped. To prevent buyers from receiving multiple notifications, our policies prohibit sellers from sending separate confirmations.

For more information on this policy, search on “Charge When Ship Terms and Conditions” in seller Help.

Note that failure to comply with our policies may result in the removal of your selling privileges.

We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com "

Since our sends out emails for processing and shipping is there any way we can keep this from happening to our Amazon Only Orders but keep the capability for our web site customers to get them?

Bob

Any way to turn off the followup emails that are sent out? I can’t find anything in NSc Sync or in our webstore manager to turn off the emails. At this point I don’t care if we send them out to our normal web site customers. I just want them to stop to keep the monster happy.

Bob

I did turn off Enable NSc Mail Integration. Will that turn them off?

Update: Even though I turned off NSC Mail Integration, I still see amazon emails in the mailer table. I truncated that table again but is there any way to turn off the emails going to Amazon customers?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. This is actually the first time that it has come up.

Basically, there are 3 emails that we sent to your customers which are in the following order:

1- the order confirmation email when the customer placed an order on your WebStore;
2 - a shipping confirmation email when the order is processed at the Point of Sales;
3 - A refund email when the order is refunded still at the Point of Sales.

We can omit the refund email in this case.

The first is built from a template available in your WebStore Manager under Edit Templates and Order Confirmation. The second is generated from a file called processed.xml which resides in the Sync folder.

I will disable those emails permanently for all Amazon orders on Monday as it will require a code change.

Meanwhile, please kindly ensure that ShipWorks is not dispatching the order shipment email to your customers.

Hope this helps.

Franclin

HI Franclin

Not quite sure what emails are upsetting them. Thank you for reminding me about Shipworks, yes we did send the customer an email through shipworks and I have turned that off. So the emails that I am seeing in the mailer table are the order confirmation emails? Okay, hopefully between turning off the shipworks email and the order confirmation emails we can placate the amazon monster.

These things always happen on a Friday night for you. Kind of screws up your weekend huh? Tell the bosses there that I say you deserve a raise.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your kind response. As a reward for your kindness I am going to work on disabling those emails tomorrow.

For your information, I think that both the order confirmation and the shipping confirmation emails are what are upsetting Amazon. The cleanest and easiest way of turning them off would be to do so in the code. So, you can leave that with me, I will tackle that task tomorrow morning.

On a side note, we have actually changed the way those emails are sent with our upcoming Shipworks integration and I hope that this sort of issues will not come up again when the feature has been rolled out.

Finally, I am also quite curious how you disabled those emails in Shipworks without impacting non-Amazon customers. This is particularly interesting because in Shipworks when you download our orders, how do you know that there are for Amazon or not? Of course, we have solve this mystery in our integration so you can relax.

Kindest regards,
Franclin

Thank you Franclin

Each of the shipwork feeds are setup as “Stores” in Shipworks. We have 5 of these “stores” and thus 5 monthly charges. I have “actions” setup for each store that do things like upload shipping info to the store, print out an unique packing list for each of the stores, print the shipping labels and finally email the customer with the tracking info. I just went into the Amazon store and deleted the email action for that store. I kept the email action active in the other stores (nitrosell store, Ebay store, shopify stores, etc).

So in essence I have shipworks download from amazon independently from Nitrosell. To solve the not being able to match up the amazon order with the nitrosell web order (I heard you also came up with a solution), I ended up printing an invoice from the shipworks amazon store (which happens to contain both the amazon order and the customer name) so we were able to match up the nitrosell web orders with the amazon orders via the customer name. That is how we were able to handle the two web orders for 1 amazon order this past couple of days.

I have been very impressed with Shipworks from an operational as well as a reporting tool. With the Amazon response we have had, without shipworks, we would have been overwhelmed this holiday season. I am very glad you are integrating with them as I think it’s a very nice piece of software.

Thanks for all your support these past few weeks. If you are ever in Chicago, I’ll buy you a beer, or two, or three.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your very detailed and clear explanation on how you use ShipWorks. In a nutshell, with our integration you will no longer need to have so many “stores” as our “store” will handle your NitroSell and Amazon orders.

Elsewhere, we have now released a patch to stop any order related email from being sent to your Amazon customers.

Please feel free to re-enable the Mail Integration so that your regular customers can get their emails like before. Having done that, process all your orders and let us know which emails you were able to see.

For your information, the emails that are included in this exclusion are the order confirmation, the order processed, the order refunded ones.

Regards,
Franclin

Thanks Franclin

Would looking in the mailer table tell me anything. Because right now there are 33 amazon email addresses in there, some very recent.

Looking at the emails though the only ones that say “Your order has been processed” are for regular web customers (no xxx@amazon.marketplace.com emails), so that is good so far.

I’ll keep an eye on things and let you know if there are any problems.

bob

Hi Bob,

The patch was released today at around 8 am of your time. This means that the Amazon orders that you processed yesterday or before that time will still be in the mailer table. But any order processed after that date shouldn’t be in that table any more.

Before turning on the Mail Integration, please truncate that table, otherwise all those emails would be sent to their respective receivers.

I hope this has clarified any potential misunderstanding.

Let us know your thoughts.

Have a great weekend.
Franclin

Oops I had turned it on already and hadn’t truncated it, so I just did.

But, we haven’t processed many amazon order today, because we again have the delay problem. We have many Amazon orders printed (via the shipworks program) and no nitrosell web orders for them. Delay so far about 4 or 5 hours. I’m not panicking yet, so we’ll just wait and see if we get the web orders eventually.

Bob

I’m going to repeat this in the other thread concerning this because I have a question about it.

Bob

Back to our email issue. I noticed that in the mailer table are amazon emails. I had truncated the table over an hour ago and we have had amazon orders come in and I am noticing the mailer table has marketplace.amazon.com emails addresses in them.

I have again turned off mail integration in NSc sync and have truncated the table.

Should I be concerned?

bob

Hi Bob,

The short answer to your question is simply no. But before providing further explanation, let me give you a high level description of how the dispatching of these emails works.

Basically, for each action that a retailer performs at the Point of Sales (POS) on a given order, there are potentially 4 emails that can be sent to the customer: the thank you email triggered when the order is downloaded at the POS, the fulfilled or shipping email which fires off when the order is tendered, the refund email triggered when the order is refunded at the POS. To know the exact number of mails that Sync can send, you should click on the File menu and Rescan Mail Template, Sync will inform you how many emails it supports. It does so by scanning the Mail Template folder searching for the following files: processed.xml, refund.xml, thankyou.xml

It’s worth noting that Sync on its own cannot directly dispatch any of these emails to your customers as it doesn’t have any access to the Mail Server. What Sync does instead, is to add an entry for each email to be sent to the Mailer table. To send these emails, Sync creates a child process for that. The pseudocode associated to that process is basically as follows:
1 - Scan the mailer table and locate any mail that hasn’t been already sent;
2 - For each email, send a request to the store and include the body of the mail in the request;
3 - Wait until you get a reply from the store and update the mailer template accordingly;
4 - Depending on the response, send the return code to the parent process (in this case Sync) and die.

At this stage, this is what will happen. At the store, when these requests are received unless the corresponding orders are regular ones, no email is dispatched to the customer. In fact, if you run Sync in the debug mode, you can see not only the process ID that Windows assigned to it but also the response text sent by the store to Sync.

Finally, you have a look at this thread, you will notice that the retailer is confirming that those emails are no longer being sent. Amazon Email not coming through

The best way to double check that for you would be to enable the Mail Integration and search your email for mails sent to your customers.

I hope this message has cleared your queries. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Franclin

Perfect. I now get it. Thanks Franclin for the explanation. You are right, i don’t see any emails being sent out to amazon customers, so I’ll stop checking the mailer table.

Bob