Store Defined-Text Editor

NitroSell web store pages are generated by a template system that can be edited through the Web Store Manager (WSM). In these templates are NitroScript tags that execute code. They are identifiable because they are surrounded with {}. One of these NitroScript code calls is {getLanguageString("STRING_CODE")}.

For example: the NitroScript tab {getLanguageString("BTN_ADD_TO_BASKET")} will output the text ‘add to basket’. Changing the text represented by BTN_ADD_TO_BASKET will cause the add to button text update all over the store. So if you decide to call your basket a cart or a bag, simply change this string to ‘Add to bag’.

Store Language

Each of the STRING_CODE is pre-defined on the NitroSell platform for a couple of different languages. This allows us to create a new store for you in a different language using the same design. Open a ticket and, hey Presto, the same store now exists in French or Spanish.

Changing the Defined Text

Because the same STRING_CODE is used multiple times throughout the store, you can change the definition of a STRING_CODE once and the text will change everywhere.

In the WSM is an interface which allows you to change the value of these STRING_CODE to suit yourself. The interface also allows you to create new STRING_CODE that you can re-use throughout your store design by calling the NitroScript {getLanguageString("STRING_CODE")}.

The obvious (once pointed out) use for this is to create a TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS string that you can use wherever you wish to display your terms and conditions. When you update your T&Cs you only need to change the text once and it will now be updated all over your store.

The Edit Language Interface

Finding Text

The search box will take your input and search your STORE_CODE, default text and any amended text for matches. Any matches it finds will be displayed as a selectable drop down.

When you select a text entry, the correct tab will be selected and the text in question opened for you to amend.

Amending Text

Simply change the text in the input associated with the STRING_CODE you want to amend and press return. The new text value is instantly updated across your store.

Once amended, you can reset text to the original value by pressing the Reset button. This will change the text back to its default (NitroSell) state.

Creating New Text

STRING_CODE have prefixes which indicate which part of the store they are associated with. The interface is divided up by the different parts of the store. To create new text associated with the basket, use the Create new CHECKOUT String interface.

The UNIQUE tab starts empty and exists to take text that you want to group in your own way.

Where ever you decide to add your text, simple create a STRING_CODE by adding a code to the Add code here input. By convention this is upper case but this isn’t enforced. The new STRING_CODE is what you will be using in the NitroScript {getLanguageString("STRING_CODE")} call.

There is no need to preface your code with the section of the store, this will be done automatically.

New Text

Like existing text, new text will appear in the part of the store that you created for it. User-defined text is marked with pencil icons to help you identify your own text.

Like existing text you can amend it by simply going to the STRING_CODE, changing the text and pressing return.

You also have the option of deleting your text. This cannot be recovered so use cautiously!

2 Likes

Wow you guys certainly didn’t waste any time on this one. Fantastic to see you’ve taken the feedback on-board. :smile:

1 Like

I’ve come across at least one instance in which I’ve tried to edit language and when using an apostrophe I’m getting a backslash preceding the apostrophe. I’ve tried using HTML and other code for special characters (or code to strip the slash), but that has resulted in the characters of the code showing up on the website page. For example, if I put “Friend’s Email Address:” in a language string field, I get “Friend's Email Address:” on the live page. If I use &#39 instead of an apostrophe, I get “Friend&#39s Email Address:” on the live page. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Molly

that will be due to some imperfect coding on my behalf, when I get a moment I’ll get round to fixing that. The best way of being sure that I don’t forget about it is to open a ticket and ask to have it assigned to James.

James

Molly

backslashes in user-defined language strings should be a thing of the past

James

Looks like it. Thanks so much for the quick action!