Shipping Coupons

This article has been moved to our new knowledge base.

WebSell: Shipping coupons | WebSell.
NitroSell: https://help.nitrosell.com/home/shipping-coupons.

Hi James,
This coupon type will be very useful, excellent work.

I tried to make a free shipping coupon that could be used on any item of a specific brand, but noticed that the Item Brand condition was missing.

I went back to look at an existing coupon code we have set up, and found the following condition sources missing from the rule configurator when making a shipping coupon:

• Item Department
  • Item Category
  • Item Brand
  • Item Theme

Are there any reasons that those conditions are missing when building shipping coupon rules? Currently, Item UPC and Item Name are the only item-related conditions available.

Those four conditions are available when making a non-shipping coupon, and make it super easy to have a coupon target a specific brand or even an entire department instead of adding large amounts of item codes one by one.

Thanks,

cmathis

thanks for your suggestions, I have added them to the internal suggestion list and hopefully it will be gotten to the next time we iterate on this feature.

Regards
James

It would be nice if we could create rules based on weights for free shipping. Example: Weights greater than 60lbs do not get free shipping. Is there a way to do this?

@sosterlund to clarify your request:

you want a shipping coupon that will not trigger if the weight of the basket is over a certain amount?
or
a shipping rule that will not trigger is the weight of any one item in the basket is over a certain amount.

The reason for this rather pedantic question is the following. Shipping coupons act on the basket as a whole, not on specific items within a basket. Saying that, rules can be triggered by the presence of specific items in the basket, but the effect is applied to the whole basket.

Thanks for the response we are doing this in RMS instead of using shipping coupons.

We sell wine, it’d be great if there was a way to trigger a discount based on the # of items in the cart. I know we can set up a rule in RMS to provide a discount on 1 item, where 12 are ordered. But i haven’t figured out a way to trigger a discount when 12 items are ordered, 1 of each. Any way to create that feature?

Hi Will,

If you assign the same mix’n’match scheme to all items, you can get it to behave that way.

Set up instructions here: Offering Microsoft RMS Discount Schemes on Your WebStore

Regards,
Donogh