Third-level navigation is defined in NSc PAM by setting the PAM_SubCategory
attribute. For each item that you want to place in the same sub-category, you need to enter the same text into this attribute. Items with the same PAM_SubCategory
text will be grouped together.Notes:
- To enable this function on your WebStore, contact NitroSell support.
- The sub-category text that you enter is not necessarily related to existing department or category names.
- In order for a sub-category to display on your WebStore, you must populate at least two items in PAM with the same sub-category text.
To set up sub-categories, perform the following steps:
- In NSc PAM, select Attributes, then Attribute Visibility. Ensure that the PAM_SubCategory attribute is selected, then click OK.
- Enter the same text in the PAM_SubCategory field for each item that you want to place in the same sub-category.
- Enable the Subcategories table so that NSc Sync synchronizes the data to your WebStore. To do so, in NSc Sync Configuration, under Advanced, select Field Mappings, then right-click the SubCategories table. Select Properties and ensure that the Include this table when performing a synchronization checkbox is selected. Click OK.
- Re-synchronize your WebStore.
- In order to view sub-categories on your WebStore, in WebStore Manager: Configuration > WebStore > Product Panels, ensure that the Show expanded departments option is not selected. When this option is enabled, only departments and categories are displayed in the navigation panel.
Following is an example of a WebStore navigation panel with third-level navigation enabled. Note that when you employ sub-categories, items are also displayed according to sub-category on the category listing page: