Is it possible to copy PAM profiles?

HI

I have many profiles set up in my PAM application depending on the task at hand. We have another person coming on board that will take on many of the tasks I use PAM for, but on another computer. Is there any way to copy the profiles to another computer so I won’t have to set up the viewable attributes again for each profile I have?

Bob

any info on this?

bob

Hi Bob,

There is certainly a way. As far as I know, most of PAM’s settings are in the folder in which it’s installed. So perhaps try install PAM on the second machine, then overwrite its folder with the contents from the first machine.

In the meantime, we’ll get you a more definitive answer. I imagine that should work, though.

Apologies for the late reply.

Kind regards,
Donogh

Hi Donogh

I copied the NscPAM-RMSSO contents from my computer to another one and the profiles did not copy.

Not sure how this all works.

Bob

Hi Bob,

There is more to it and sorry I missed this step: you need to import PAM’s registry keys from the first machine. To do so:

1. On the ‘source’ machine, go to Start > Run (or Windows+R) and enter the following: regedit /e c:\pam.reg “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NitroSell Limited\NSc PAM RMSSO Edition”
  2. That’s outputted a file to the root folder on C: called pam.reg; copy this file to the new machine and double-click it to import it into the registry.

That should do it!

Regards,
Donogh

HI Donogh

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks.

bob

1 Like