Portal | Homepage | Blog

Instagram "Tap To View"

Hello,

As you know a large portion of online sales are being driven by Instagram and they released an Instagram “Tap to View” option. This is huge because the customer can go straight to your product to purchase without having to click your web link and then search for the product.

Is there any plan for the Nitro feed to automate into Facebook shopping or Facebook catalog so this Instagram feature is available?

Thanks,
Zac

Can you point us at some documentation, please, Zac, and we’ll take a look?

Our development focus currently is on our eBay integration, which is due for release in the April/May timeframe.

@donogh

Please see the links below. I think Amazon and Ebay are great but there sales channels and seem to becoming more and more saturated. The Instagram feature is more for marketing and your only using Facebook shopping or Facebook catalog for the Instagram feature and not as a sales channel. The instagram tap to view will keep them on our Nitro web platform. I think as more people are selling online your social following is the one thing that gives a huge advantage and to have a feature such as Instagram “Tap to View” will increase sales.

Below is the links about how to set it up which you first have to submit your items into FB shopping or FB catalog. I believe the first issue is the Nitro feed doesnt send enough attributes and you have to submit items one by one instead of it being automated.

https://help.instagram.com/719199648241244

Thanks,
Zac

Hi Zac,

Thanks for the feedback.

@franclin_foping: could you add this suggestion to the backlog, please?

We have a pretty full dev backlog right now, Zac. Will update you if/when we get around to this.

Regards,
Donogh

Sounds great. I appreciate yous looking into this.

Add me on to one that would love this integration! The majority of my vendors don’t allow ebay/amazon sales so Instagram/Facebook integration would be AMAZING.

Yes im having the same problem. A lot of vendors are cracking done on those sales channels. I think all store owners need to start building there own in house brands.

Our suppliers as well are not letting us on amazon and ebay even though the integration fro amazon works great. Instagram would be a great one that we would use as well.