How do I set up PAM Keywords to improve SEO for my webstore?

There’s an attribute in PAM called PAM_Keywords which enables you to specify extra words to improve your customers’ search results. The words you add for particular products will get embedded in the product page’s HTML and will will improve SEO as well as allow your customers to get better results search for items on your webstore. Many retailers use this to cover common misspellings of words,abbreviations or word variations.

For example, if you add the keyword “Bicycle” to your cycling-related items, when a customer searches for this word, he or she will receive appropriate results (even though the word “Bicycle” does not actually appear on your WebStore). Similarly, adding the alternate spelling “pyjama” to PAM_Keywords for your pajama items will provide suitable search results.

Note that individual keywords should be delimited by a space and that there is a 250-character limit in this field.

To enable the PAM_Keywords field, perform the following steps:

In NSc PAM, click Attribute Visibility.
Ensure that PAM_Keywords is selected, then click OK.
A column with the heading PAM_Keywords is now displayed in PAM.
For each item where you require additional search strings, enter the data in the appropriate cell. Click Commit Changes.

How about multiple words? Separate with a comma? Please advise.

Hi Christopher,

Yes, you can specify multiple keywords with a comma, or a space.

Regards,
Donogh

How do I set up keywords that have multiple words in them, like Embroidered Tees?

Hi Naomi,

You can add in example: “keyword 1, Embroidered Tees, keyword 3”.

Best regards,
Tom

1 Like