Amazon 510. Inventory Levels

Amazon Index

Amazon Inventory Levels

Your Inventory Feed tells Amazon how many of a product you have for sale. This is usually taken from the field called product_stock.

Whenever you sell an item on Amazon, Amazon will decrement your available stock by one. Whenever you run out of product stock on Amazon the item will no longer be offered for sale.

Unlike your POS, Amazon is allergic to negative stock numbers. If you feed a negative number to Amazon for your stock level the feed will fail and your stock level will NOT be updated. This could end up with Amazon offering items for sale that you no longer have!

By implementing the mapping below you can avoid this problem entirely.

Suggested RMS mapping for the field that holds your stock level for Amazon.

case when (quantity-quantitycommitted) < 0 then 0 else quantity-quantitycommitted end

In effect the mapping says: if your stock level is greater than -1 then use the stock level otherwise use 0.

Order Download.

Our integration will download orders made on Amazon to your POS. It is this process which updates your local inventory on your POS. If you don’t have this enabled then you will have to manually adjust your inventory level locally whenever you process an Amazon order through Seller Central.

Where do you insert this data ?

Hi John,

That’s a mapping for the product_stock field in Sync. It will work fine with RMH. To apply it, open File > Configuration > Field Mappings in Sync, expand the Item/product table, double-click the field mapping and paste that statement in.

I assume you’re trying to avoid negative quantity errors from Amazon? That’s what this mapping will do-- never upload a quantity less than 0.

If I put case when (quantity-quantitycommitted) < 0 then 0 else quantity-quantitycommitted end in the “product_stock” field in sync will this affect my website or RMH stock level will the quantity remain negative in RMH?

Hi John,

Mappings only affect the data on the webstore. We don’t touch RMH data other than inserting web orders and new customer records.

Regards,
Donogh